This page details some of my pre-seminary professional career. Across those 20 years, I was a public speaker and technology evangelist in the field of Internet security, where I created and developed start-up businesses, led cross-functional organizations in large and small companies, wrote a book (and a lot of articles), taught seminars, and coached sales professionals and IT executives on how to lead, succeed, and thrive.
Part-Time Audiophile is a media outlet that tracks the world of high-end audio. We publish a podcast, a downloadable magazine, a website, and a newsletter. With contributors across the US, Canada, and the EU, we reach over three million readers a year, worldwide.
Executive position, managing Internet security hardware & software solutions and sales across North America and UK.
National Channel Manager
Internet security hardware and software sales management. Managed the value-added reseller community across the USA.
Internet security solution specialist, covering private-sector accounts across the USA.
Internet security hardware and software sales across the USA.
Internet Security Systems / IBM
Internet security hardware and software sales for an Internet start-up, later acquired by IBM.
Project management for AOL-Time Warner global corporate infrastructure.
Alteon Websystems / Nortel Networks
Internet startup acquired by Nortel Networks. Project management, technology assessment, and solution integration for Fortune 100 clients across North America.
Team leader, project manager, and technology trainer for an Internet start-up.
Microsoft Certified Instructor, delivering Microsoft official curriculum. Developed and delivered Cisco networking technology training courses.
Tech Teach International
Developed and taught two-day on-location seminars across the USA.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- 2019 Preliminary Fellowship, Unitarian Universalist Association
- 2019 M.A. Divinity, Meadville Lombard Theological School
- 1996 Ph.D. Program, Philosophy, University of Maryland at College Park (ABD)
- 1993 B.A., Philosophy, University of Maryland, College Park
- 2018-Present The Occasional Podcast (30 episodes in iTunes)
- 2017-Present The Occasional Magazine (Quarterly)
- 2009-Present Part-Time Audiophile
- 2014 “The Vitruvian DAC”, The Absolute Sound.
- 2013 “Made in Jersey”, The Absolute Sound.
- 2002 Content Delivery Networks. New York. McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 978-0072190465
- 2002 “Success with Content Delivery Networks”, Computerworld.
- 2002 “Speedy Deliveries”, Computerworld Magazine
- 1998 “Inside Active Directory”, Windows NT Systems Magazine.
- 1997 “Export Controls”, Windows NT Systems Magazine.
- 1997 “Ask the Answer Desk”, Monthly Column. Windows NT Systems Magazine.