My denominational and volunteer work can be seen here. This page details some of my pre-seminary professional career.
Across those 20+ years, I was a public speaker and technology evangelist in the field of Internet security, where I created and developed start-up businesses, led cross-functional organizations in large and small companies, wrote a book (and a lot of articles), taught seminars, and coached sales professionals and IT executives on how to lead, succeed, and thrive.
Part-Time Audiophile was started in 2009 as a way to reclaim a bit of my soul from my all-consuming sales career. A regular writing practice seemed like a good way to do that, create some much-needed differentiation, and perhaps even do some “self-care”.
As part of a long-planned “pivot” from my IT career, I attended Meadville-Lombard Theological School to pursue lifelong interests in comparative religion, Christian theology, and Buddhist philosophy, and also to explore the potential for an entirely new career, this time in parish ministry.
I was welcomed into Ministerial Fellowship by the Unitarian Universalist Association in September of 2019 and Ordained into Ministry in February of 2020. In May of 2020, I received a call to serve the Unitarian Universalist Society of Geneva, IL as their next settled minister.
Part-Time Audiophile is a media outlet tracking the world of high-fidelity stereo sound. PTA publishes a podcast, a downloadable magazine, a website, and a newsletter. With contributors across North America and the EU, PTA reaches millions of readers a year, worldwide.
Internet security sales and solutions across North America and the UK.
National Channel Manager
Managed the value-added reseller community across North America.
North American Internet security sales and solutions.
Internet security solution sales across the USA.
Internet Security Systems / IBM
Internet security solution sales for an Internet start-up, later acquired by IBM.
Project management for AOL-Time Warner global corporate infrastructure.
Alteon Websystems / Nortel Networks
Internet startup acquired by Nortel Networks.
Internet start-up, an early leader in distance learning.
Microsoft Certified Instructor.
Tech Teach International
Developed and taught two-day on-location IT seminars across the USA.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- 2019 Preliminary Fellowship, Unitarian Universalist Association
- 2019 M. Div., Meadville Lombard Theological School
- 1996 Ph.D. Program, Philosophy, University of Maryland at College Park (ABD)
- 1993 B.A., Philosophy, University of Maryland, College Park
- 2018-Present The Occasional Podcast (iTunes).
- 2017-Present The Occasional Magazine.
- 2009-Present Part-Time Audiophile (online).
- 2014 “The Vitruvian DAC”, The Absolute Sound.
- 2013 “Made in Jersey”, The Absolute Sound.
- 2002 Content Delivery Networks. New York. McGraw-Hill. ISBN: 978-0072190465.
- 2002 “Success with Content Delivery Networks”, Computerworld.
- 2002 “Speedy Deliveries”, Computerworld Magazine.
- 1998 “Inside Active Directory”, Windows NT Systems Magazine.
- 1997 “Export Controls”, Windows NT Systems Magazine.
- 1997 “Ask the Answer Desk”, Monthly Column. Windows NT Systems Magazine.